References to our website below include references to our apps as they relate to the Connect Service.
Information you give us. You may give us information about you when you use the Connect Service and when you communicate with us. This includes information you input during registration by answering specific questions on our website, providing us with feedback, participating in surveys, and when you can you report a problem.
The information you give us may include:
- Your banking provider(s)
- Monthly expenditure
- Personal information or documents required to identify you
- Financial goals and budgets
- Lifestyle information
- your bank account type and details
- account number and sort code
- account balance
- bank account transactions (incoming and outgoing)
- card balance
- card transactions (incoming and outgoing)
Special categories of data. The categorisation of some of your transactions may include special categories of data as it may be indicative of your political beliefs (for e.g., if you pay membership for a political party) or trade union membership.
Information we collect about you. We will collect information during your use of the Connect Services including (a) the details regarding the communications made between us; (b) technical information including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; (c) information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you from third parties if you use any part of the Connect Service. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, service providers, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, social media) and may receive information from them, such as the categorisation of your transaction information
We will use the information we hold about you to provide our Connect Service to you and improve all of our services, administer your account and communicate with you and to use information on an anonymous basis for research, profiling and analytical purposes.
Information you give us or we collect from other third parties.
We will use this information to:
- provide you with information, products and services;
- analysing and reporting on your account and transaction data that we obtain from your bank;
- contact you to ask you to refresh your consent for us to access your bank account;
- contact you to inform you that your access to ClearScore Connect will be revoked due to your consent having lapsed;
- pre-fill application forms of financial products you choose to apply for;
- verify your identity as part of our identity authentication process;
- where you have provided your consent for us to market to you, provide you with information about other products and services we feel may interest you or be best for you;
- notify you about changes to our services;
- ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- aggregate it on an anonymous basis with other data for data analytical and reporting purposes;
- undertake analysis and profiling of your credit information in order to identify and inform you of credit products that we consider are likely to interest you or be suited to your credit circumstances or to enhance our services;
- to ensure compliance with your requests for the exercise of your rights;
- contact you via app ‘push’ notification with relevant information about ClearScore Connect, such as notifications about renewing your consent for us to access your bank account;
- to manage our communications with in relation to your queries or complaints.
Information we collect about you based on your use of our website.
We will use this information to:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the service we offer you such as understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure and to prevent fraud;
- to make recommendations about products or services that may be of interest.
We will use the information we hold about you to conduct analysis of it for the following purposes:
- analysis of information about you on a personalised or aggregated basis to further tailor the experience to you and for marketing purposes;
- verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a ClearScore user;
- use information about you, your spending and your use of the Connect Services with information in conjunction with other user’s information to identify patterns. When used - in conjunction with other user’s data, it will be in an anonymised format;
- to provide you with a better service by conducting statistical analysis and system testing to understand your needs;
- network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access;
What we will never do.
Rest assured, we will never sell your information to third parties.
We may need to disclose your data to others to ensure the provision to you of the Connect Service and any information you request. Your data may be disclosed to the other entities as described below.
Group company. We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
Selected third parties. We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
- Product providers, such as our business partners who offer you credit cards, loans, car finance, mortgages, insurance, pensions, investments and other related products to:
- conduct analysis to provide you with better products and services in the future, and for segmentation purposes;
- pre-fill an application form with the product provider;
- assess your probability of being accepted for a product.
The product provider does not have permission to use this data for any other purpose including marketing
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets (or the buyer or seller’s advisers);
- if we or part or all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Connect Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Clear Score Technology Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- advertisers that require data, to perform services on our behalf, including selecting and serving relevant adverts;
- market research organisations engaged by us to undertake customer satisfaction surveys and market research;
Fraud Prevention Agencies. We will share your personal information with fraud prevention agencies. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details of this fraud will be passed to these agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
Our lawful bases may include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (such as delivering the Connect Service to you) and our own legitimate interests.
You can find more information regarding the legal basis we rely on in your main
How long we keep your information will depend on the purpose for which we use it, our obligations and your actions. We will only retain your information in an anonymised format for as long as is necessary for those purposes.
In regards to your bank account information, we will retain it in the following manner:
- If you allow your consent to lapse without revoking or renewing it, we will retain your bank information for a period of 9 months after the date your consent lapsed. After this period, your bank information will be permanently erased or fully anonymised. You can always renew your consent before the end of the 9 month period;
- If you actively opt to revoke your consent and unlink your bank account from the Connect Service, we will immediately erase all bank account information;
- If you continue to renew your consent at the appropriate times, we will retain your bank information for no more than 7 years from the date of the original consent.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take the security of your data very seriously and use strict procedures to protect it. Whenever we transfer personal data outside of the UK/ European Economic Area, we ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect the data.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
We do our best to protect your personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access, loss or damage.
Where possible, we try to only process your information within the UK and European Economic Area (EEA). If we or our service providers transfer personal data outside of the UK or EEA, we always require that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect the information when it is processed.
We will provide you with the necessary tools and contact details to be able to exercise your statutory rights regarding the information that we hold about you. You will be able to:
Correct your data. You will usually be able to amend any information that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete through the settings in your account. Some information we receive about you from your bank can only be correct by your banking provider.
Request access to your data. You can ask for access to the personal data that we hold about you so that you can check that we are using your information in accordance with data protection law
Erase your data. You can ask us to fully or partially delete your information where there is no compelling reason for us to keep using it, although we will not be able to continue to provide the Connect Service. We reserve the right to keep your information if it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
Download your data or send it to another controller. You can obtain a copy of the data you provided us in a machine-readable format. In addition, where certain conditions apply, you have the right to have such information transferred directly to a third party.
Object to the use of your data. You can ask that we no longer use your personal data where that use is based on a legitimate interest Restrict the use of your data. You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information in certain circumstances. When usage is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We will not be able to continue to provide the Connect Service.
Right to withdraw consent. If you have given your consent for us to use your information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This can be done by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
For the exercise of any of your rights, you can also contact us at.
If you are not satisfied with our response to any complaints you raise with us or you believe our processing of your information does not comply with the data protection law, we suggest you contact our Data Protection Officer. However, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at any time.
Please see the ICO website for further information –.