A credit card allows you to borrow money to spend now, and then pay it back later. Whether you’re buying a coffee or splashing out on a bigger purchase (like a car), you can put it on a credit card. Most cards now also offer compatibility with Apple pay and Google pay smart wallets meaning you have total flexibility on where and how you spend.
The good news is that if you pay off the whole bill before the due date, you won’t have to pay any extra in interest fees. And if this sounds like you, then credit cards have many great benefits that BNPL and debit cards rarely offer.
These benefits can include:
- Chance to earn cash, loyalty points or frequent flyer points if you choose a reward credit card
- Some cards offer travel insurance if you book your holiday using that card
- Some cards even offer benefits for when you make large purchases like extended warranty and purchase protection
- Chance to build up a credit history, by spending on a credit card and paying your bills on time
With these benefits in mind and if you are likely to pay off your credit card statement balance each month we’d like to introduce a fantastic deal from ANZ.
ANZ are offering 180,000 bonus points and $0 annual fee in the first year
180,000 bonus ANZ Reward Points (worth $800 in gift cards) and $0 annual fee for the first year with the ANZ Rewards Black card.
ANZ Rewards Black has one of the biggest bonus point offers and earn rates on the market right now. To give you an example of what you can get with the 180,000 bonus points offer, you could redeem them for $800 worth of David Jones, JB Hi-Fi or Woolworths Supermarket e-Gift cards.
What you can do with points:
Redeem ANZ Reward Points for Frequent Flyer Points and Airmiles
Redeem your ANZ Reward Points for Velocity Frequent Flyer Points, Air New Zealand Airpoints Dollars, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer miles or Asia Miles.
Redeem your ANZ Reward Points for Gift Cards
Redeem your ANZ Reward Points on Gift Cards from retailers like Myer, Bunnings, Woolworths, Westfield, Caltex, and more.
Get ANZ Cashback for your ANZ Reward Points
180,000 points for $700 cashback to reduce the balance of your card, or credit another ANZ account.
Don’t need a Black card? ANZ is also offering 120,000 bonus ANZ Rewards Points with the, and 50,000 bonus ANZ Rewards Points with the .
While the $0 first-year annual fee saves you money when you first get the card, make sure you also think about whether the points and other perks will justify this $375 cost in future years.
As a top-tier product, the ANZ Rewards Black also includes a number of complimentary insurances including (remember you need to purchase using the ANZ Rewards Black card):
- International Travel Insurance
- Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance
- Rental Vehicle Excess in Australia Insurance
- Transit Accident Insurance when travelling on a plane, tourist bus, train or ferry paid for with your Black credit card
- Purchase Protection Insurance (If the purchase lost or broken in the first 90 days you can get a replacement)
- Extended Warranty Insurance (The products warranty is extended by 12 months past the manufacturers warranty end date)
- Guaranteed Pricing Scheme (If the price changes within the first 90 days, you can get refunded the difference)