If you have any questions about or feedback on our Open Banking Terms or wish to make a complaint about our services, get in touch with us by emailing us atYou can also leave us a voice message on the following telephone number: +442075828212. If you have made a complaint about our services and we have provided a final response which is not to your satisfaction or you have not received a response within eight weeks of making your complaint, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to investigate. The contact details for the Financial Ombudsman Service can be found here.
Our Open Banking Service can assist you to do the following:
- Aggregating your financial portfolio and providing you with a clearer understanding of your finances. We can assist in identifying what your disposable income is, assess whether you spend more than you earn and provide other useful metrics;
- use your current account and credit card and other financial accounts information to identify credit and financial products and services which may be relevant to you To provide the Open Banking Service we will connect to your bank account, for which we will request your consent in accordance with the Payment Services Directive. You can demonstrate your consent by pressing the button agreeing to link your account when signing up. By using our Open Banking Service you agree that we (and our partners) and your bank(s), building society(ies) and card provider(s) ("Account Providers") are entitled to rely on this authorisation and agency granted by you. Accessing this information is subject to you passing appropriate authentication for security purposes. You will have to renew your consent every 90 days for us to continue to access your bank account from the date you last gave us your consent. You accept that if you do not give us your consent, you will no longer be able to use or access the Open Banking Service
You will be able to connect your account once you have consented to us connecting to your account through your Account Provider. You may only use and access the Open Banking Service on your own behalf and not on behalf of anyone else. You agree to keep your username, password or other login details confidential and not disclose it to a third party. If you believe or suspect that someone else knows your ClearScore login details, please contact us immediately at.
Please refer to our main ClearScore Terms & Conditions, which also apply to your use of our Open Banking Service. References in those terms to our services, website and apps include use of our Open Banking Service Your use of the Open Banking Service is free of charge. We may earn revenue from the Services by:
- Providing data, analysis and/or categorisation to lenders, banks and other financial institutions (our “Partners”) that you have chosen to interact with
- Creating aggregated and anonymised research data and selling it to our clients from which all personal data is removed Subject to your compliance with the Open Banking Terms, we (or our content providers) grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable licence to access and make non-commercial use of the Open Banking Service. All rights not expressly granted to you in our Open Banking Terms are reserved and retained by us or our licensors, suppliers, publishers, rights holders or other content providers.
We will use the data we gather as described above in relation to your accounts for the purpose of providing our Open Banking Service to you and as described in the. Any information provided to you, or to third parties on your behalf, as part of our service is only as accurate, complete and up to date as the information supplied to us by you or the Account Providers and other third parties we use to obtain this information. We don’t check the information we receive from you or third parties for accuracy or completeness. We do not control the accounts you connect and we cannot change the related information for you. If you think any information provided about you in relation to an account may be incorrect, please contact the relevant Account Provider. If you think any other information we have provided to you has been incorrectly displayed, please let us know as soon as possible by contacting . Any information we give you through the Open Banking Service is for your information only. We will not be liable or responsible if you rely on it or take any action or make any decision based upon it. Except as otherwise set out in our Open Banking Terms:
- we accept no liability for inaccuracies or omissions in the information gathered from the Account Providers or other third parties;
- we (and our suppliers and service providers) have no control over the content or accuracy of information provided by Account Providers or other third parties;
- the services we provide are on an "as is" basis;
- we do not guarantee all of the information provided by or through our Open Banking Service is complete, up to date or accurate at any particular or all times; and
- we do not guarantee that the Open Banking Service will be defect or error free or available at any particular or all times
The Open Banking Services will continue to be provided to you and they may be cancelled in one of the ways set out below:
- you do not renew your consent for us to access your account;
- you opt to disconnect your account from the Open Banking Service;
- you use the services in a manner that is deemed by us to be contrary to the Open Banking Terms or fraudulent, in which case we reserve the right to cancel your access to the Open Banking Service;
- if your ClearScore account is suspended or terminated;
- if we stop providing the Open Banking Service or the ClearScore Service, or any part of these Services that would render the Open Banking Service non-functional; or You may cancel your access to the Open Banking Services at any time by unlinking your Nominated Account from the Open Banking Service. You can do this either by pressing the option to unlink your Nominated Account in your ClearScore Account section or by revoking access to the account directly with your Account Provider We reserve the right to suspend your access to the Open Banking Service if at any time we consider that there is or is likely to have been a breach of security or your use of the service is in any way detrimental to us or anyone else. For security reasons, we may request you to change any or all of the passwords used by you in connection with Open Banking Service
All intellectual property rights in our website and apps in the material published on them and in their component systems are owned by, licensed or sub-licensed to us. All content on our website and apps is subject to copyright with all rights reserved. Images, trade marks and brands are protected by intellectual property laws and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without permission of their respective owners. You must not remove any acknowledgement that we or any of our contributors is the author of any website content or any content we provide to you as part of the services. You may download or print or screen grab content or individual sections or pages of our website or apps for your personal use and information only, provided that any such copy has attached to it the relevant proprietary notices and/or disclaimers. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through our website or apps is done at your own discretion and risk and you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or device or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. You must not modify, adapt, copy, download or post material from our website or apps nor store any part of our website or apps in any other website or app or include it in any public or private electronic retrieval system. You must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text or explanation.
Nothing in these Open Banking Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, any duties or liabilities that we owe to you under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 or the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority, nor any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our website and apps, any content on them or services accessed through them, whether express or implied. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with: Use of, inability to use or unavailability of the Open Banking Service (or any part of it), websites linked to it, or our services; use of any products, data, information or services accessed or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into, through or from the Open Banking Services obtained or accessed through our website or apps including use of or reliance on any content displayed on or made available through our website or apps unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data, or any inaccuracy or incompleteness of any information received by you or by us through the Open Banking Services. Where we have indicated your likelihood of success with respects to products matched to your profile, or where we have provided indications of how much money you may save, these are provided for information purposes only and should not be relied upon when making decisions. We do not accept any liability or provide any guarantee with respects to your eligibility for or success in obtaining products matched to you or advertised on our website. We do not charge you a separate fee for access to and use of the Open Banking Services. On this basis our total aggregate liability for any losses and/or damage suffered by you will be limited to £100.
We may change these Open Banking Terms, our apps and our services at any time. We will keep these Open Banking Terms and Conditions up-to-date on this page. If we make a significant change, we’ll contact you by sending you an email notification, by posting a notice on our website or app or through the services, or in any other manner we deem appropriate. The changes will take effect when they are first posted. Your continued use of our website, apps or our services will confirm your acceptance of the revised terms.
These Open Banking Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.